To increase understanding of the Great Commission within our contemporary and globalized world... since 1986.
Our bookstore likes to encourage reading that:
- challenges our thinking,
- shows life to be more than black-and-white or one-dimensional,
- expands our grasp of the world in which we live, and
- equips us to become better servants at home and abroad.
We have a passion to provide strategic, thoughtful, educational and inspirational resources (at discount prices) that nourish a WorldChristian perspective. Our bookstore ministry has operated since 1993--online and at many mission conferences around the country.
Our selection of titles has been commended by many Christian leaders over the years (including by the late Dr. Ralph Winter) as constituting one of the best and most unique selections of titles for mission-minded WorldChristians anywhere.
Nevertheless, you may at times find objectionable titles in our bookstore. When that is the case, we ask for your forbearance, and to please remember the following:
- This bookstore is primarily for a Christian audience, and as such, will certainly have material deemed objectionable to those who do not share Christian presuppositions; yet, we hope that you will not encounter titles that purposefully denigrate any person or belief, Christian or otherwise.
- We operate with this assumption: not everything published by a "Christian" publisher is necessarily worth reading; neither is everything published by a "non-Christian" publisher not worth reading. Thus, you will also find that we feature selected general-market titles for Christians who seek understanding by reading more widely.
- While Christians agree on certain essentials, there exist diverse and sometimes strongly-held theological convictions that make it impossible to please everyone--and that is not really our intention to start with.
May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers and half truths. (Franciscan Monk)
Paul and Mary (see our Bio)