The most complete resource of its kind on alternative medicine
* Herbal remedies, dietary supplements, and alternative therapies Their specific uses Which ones really work (and which ones don't) What to watch out for
* Christian versus non-Christian approaches to holistic health
* Clinically proven treatments versus unproven or quack treatments
* Truths and fallacies about supernatural healing
* Ancient medical lore: the historical, cultural, and scientific facts
* And much, much more
'Alternative Medicine' is the first comprehensive guidebook to nontraditional medicine written from a distinctively Christian perspective. Keeping pace with the latest developments and research in alternative medicine, this thoroughly revised edition combines current information with an easy-to-use format. University lecturer and researcher Donal O'Mathuna, PhD, and national medical authority Walt Larimore, MD, provide detailed and balanced answers to your most pressing questions about alternative medicine---and to other questions you wouldn't have thought to ask. Also includes Two alphabetical reference sections: Alternative therapies Herbal remedies, vitamins, and dietary supplements A description of each therapy and remedy, an analysis of claims, results of actual studies, cautions, recommendations, and further resources Handy cross-references linking health problems with various alternative therapies and herbal remedies reviewed in the book
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.