Communicating Christ in Animistic Contexts
On Hand: 2
$12.59 (10% off)
Secure Online Ordering
"Animism is not merely a religion of tribal societies. It is prevelant on every continent and is part of every culture," writes the author. Whether in New Age mysticism, occultism, Haitian voodooism, Chinese ancestor veneration, or Japanese Shintoism, animistic beliefs are still widespread today. Gailyn Van Rheenen presents a rigorous, biblical, theological, and anthropological foundation for ministering in animistic contexts.
Part 1 Understanding Animism
1. The Meaning of Animism and Its Place in Today"™s World
2. Tools for Learning Animistic Worldviews
3. The Cosmic and the Earthly
4. Change in Animistic Societies
Part II Thinking Theology in Animistic Contexts
5. Christianity and Animism: Contrasting Worldviews
6. Kingdom Theology: Introducing Animists to Christian Perspectives
Part III. Analyzing Animistic Practices and Powers
7. Animistic Practitioners
8. The Animistic Practice of Divination
9. Impersonal Spiritual Forces
10. Personal Spiritual Beings
Conclusion: Sin and Salvation in Christianity and Animism
Index of Subjects
Index of Names
Index of Scripture
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.