Cultural Insights for Christian Leaders: New Directions for Organizations Serving God's Mission
On Hand: 2
$19.54 (15% off)
Secure Online Ordering
This volume helps leaders and leaders-in-training become students of culture who can then contextualize what they learn for their own organizational settings. Missiologist Douglas McConnell considers how new insights from cognitive studies in anthropology and psychology impact our understanding of the role of Christian organizations. He explores culture and human nature as the context underlying all the various worlds in which leaders serve. Cultural Insights for Christian Leaders enables readers to understand intercultural dynamics so they can shape their organizational cultures and lead their organizations in a missional direction.
This latest volume in an award-winning series that emphasizes mission as partnership with Christians around the globe will appeal to professors and students of leadership, mission, and intercultural studies; pastors and leaders of Christian organizations; and mission organizations and training institutions.
"I sat down to review this book only to find a few hours had slipped by when I next looked at the clock. This book is taken from the pages of academia, experience, and the Scriptures. It is a rare combination of organizational theory and spiritual leadership, something that today's complex mission environment demands. I believe it will become standard reading for newly appointed mission leaders." --Ted Esler, president, Missio Nexus
1. Thinking Missiologically: Implications for Leadership and Organizations
2. Culture and Human Nature: The Complex Unity of Human Organizations
3. Caring about Members and Others as People: Notions of Self and Others
4. Learning Culture Naturally: Imitation and Rituals
5. Authority and Culture: Whom Do You Trust?
6. Intercultural Realities: Four Worlds of Christian Organizations
7. Leading in Context: Cultural Influence and Intercultural Leadership
8. Responding Missionally: Learning into Practice
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account and enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.