This perceptive analysis by a veteran leader in global development work orients readers to the history of globalization and to a Christian theological perspective on it, explores concrete realities by focusing on global poverty, and helps readers reimagine Christian mission in ways that announce the truly good news of Christ and God's kingdom. Diagrams and sidebars that incorporate the voices of global partners are included.
Section 1: Setting the Stage
1. Introduction and the Path Forward
2. Twin Foundations
Section 2: Introducing Globalization
3. Understanding Globalization
4. The Ambiguities of Globalization
Section 3: The Two Eras of Globalization
5. The First Era of Globalization: Going Global by Migration, Conquest, and Mission
6. The Second Era of Globalization: Globally Connected and Closer Together
Section 4: The Impact of Globalization
7. The Impact of Two Hundred Years of Globalization
8. Assessing the Second Era of Globalization
Section 5: Globalization and the Poor
9. Globalization's Response to Poverty
10. Contemporary Thinking on Development
Section 6: Globalization and the Church
11. Globalization and World Christianity
12. The Theological Limitations of Globalization
13. The Christian Engagement with Globalization
14. The Missiological Challenge of Globalization
About the Series:
This is the second book in the Mission in Global Community series, which reframes missiological themes and studies for students under the common rubric of mission as partnership with Christians throughout the global community. Series authors draw upon their own global experiences and those of their global colleagues to illumine present realities and chart a course into the future. Series editors are Scott W. Sunquist, dean of the School of Intercultural Studies and professor of world Christianity at Fuller Theological Seminary, and Amos Yong, director of the Center for Missiological Research and professor of theology and mission at Fuller Theological Seminary.
|Series||Mission in Global Community|
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.