In this challenging and enlightening treatment, Brueggemann traces the lines from the radical vision of Moses to the solidification of royal power in Solomon to the prophetic critique of that power with a new vision of freedom in the prophets. Here he traces the broad sweep from Exodus to Kings to Jeremiah to Jesus. He highlights that the prophetic vision not only embraces the pain of the people but creates an energy and amazement based on the new thing that God is doing. In this new edition, Brueggemann has completely revised the text, updated the notes, and added a new preface. Table of Contents:
1. The Alternative Community of Moses
2. The Royal Consciousness:
Countering the Counter-Culture
3. Prophetic Criticizing and the Embrace of Pain
4. Prophetic Energizing and the Emergence
5. Criticism and Pathos in Jesus of Nazareth
6. Energizing and Amazement in Jesus of Nazareth
7. A Note on the Practice of Ministry
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.