The Essentials of Global Missions: An Introductory Guide (6TH ed.). What in the World is God Doing? is an updated revision of the introduction to the major themes of global missions including the latest developments, statistics and trends from around the world. The contents of this introduction to missions includes the following topics:
1. Motivation for Missions
2. OT perspective of missions
3. NT perspective of missions
4. Is Truth worth dying for?
5. An analysis of the "call."
6. History of missions in the Early Church (AD 33-500)
7. History of missions in from the Dark Ages to the Reformation (AD 500-1517)
8. History of missions from the Reformation to Carey (1500-1792)
9. History of missions from Carey to WWII (1792-1945)
10. History of missions in the new paradigm (1945-present)
11. World non-theistic religions: Animism, Hinduism, Buddhism
12. World theistic religions: Roman Catholicism, Greek Orthodox, Islam
13. World context: Secularism
14. Unfinished task in North America-Asia-Sub-Saharan Africa
15. Unfinished task in Latin America-Muslim world-Europe
16. Practical Missions Functions: Personnel selection and recruiting, Missions Agencies and missional churches.
This book covers the basics and the latest trends in missions written for the student of missions, pastors and church leaders as well as field personnel needing a background in world missions. A must read for anyone interested in understanding the Great Commission. (Foreword by Steve Saint)
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.