What Our Longings Tell Us about God and Ourselves. In this mannered tour through literature, sports, film and daily life, Barry Morrow leads us to contemplate the nature and purpose of human longing. Using Ecclesiastes as a map for the journey, Morrow gives us a vision of our disenchantment "under the sun" and suggests that human culture--our work, art and play--gives evidence of another reality for which God created us.
1. Looking for Answers, but Finding Only Questions
2. Seeking Happiness: Advice from an Ancient Sage
3. The Heart Has Its Reasons: The Journey of Desire
4. Cosmic Orphans: Our Sense of Alienation
5. Celebrating the Daily Humdrum
6. Transcendence in Our Work
7. Leisure & Play: Looking for Paradise?
8. Transcendence in Literature and Film
9. Pain & Pleasures: Touchstones of Reality
Conclusion: Is There a Remedy for Our Disenchantment?
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account and enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.