Challenging Islamic Traditions
Author: Bernie Power
Publisher: William Carey Publishing
On Hand: 2
$16.99 (15% off)
Secure Online Ordering
Searching Questions about the Hadith from a Christian Perspective. The Hadith are Islamâ€™s most influential texts after the Qurâ€™an. They outline in detail what the Qurâ€™an often leaves unsaid. The Hadith are a foundation for Islamic law and theology and a key to understanding the worldview of Islam and why many Muslims do the things they do. This book subjects the Hadith to a critical analysis from a biblical perspective. In a scholarly and respectful way, it exposes significant inconsistencies within these ancient documents and highlights potential problems with the Muslim-Christian interface.
illustrations, Sidebars, Tables
I Critical Issues
1. The Challenges of Identifying the Hadith
2. Attitudes of Scholars toward the Hadith
3. The Relationships between Qurâ€™an and Hadith
4. Muhammadâ€™s Variant Behavior
5. Results of Contradictory Hadiths
6. The Next Generations
7. Compilation of the Hadith
8. IsnÄd and Transmitter Problems
II Contrasts with Biblical Teaching
9. Differing Views of God
10. The Character and Actions of Muhammad Compared with Jesus
11. Muhammad and Jesus, Vengeance and Violence
12. Women in the Hadith
13. History, Heaven, and Hell
III Challenges from Other Perspecti ves
14. Scientific Problems in the Hadith
15. Political, Social, Financial, and Legal Policies
16. Human Rights Concerns
IV Practical Implications
17. To Challenge or Not to Challenge?
Appendix: Qurâ€™anic Verses Referred to in al-BukhÄriâ€™s Hadith
No reviews have been written for this product.
This feature is only available for logged in users. Go here to create an account an enjoy the benefits of membership, including wish lists, notifications of products coming back into stock, saving shipping addresses and payment methods, notifications of sales, and special pricing.